Two stories marked the year 2020: corona virus and the American election. Still, web users were interested in many other things…
We present to you an overview of the ‘hot’ topics that filled the media in 2020 and promoted online search!
– Top Google searches: Election results, Coronavirus, Kobe Bryant
– Most Googled people: Joe Biden, Kim Jong Un, Kamala Harris
– Most Googled actors: Tom Hanks, Chris D’Elia, Jada Pinkett Smith
– Most Googled babies: Elon Musk baby, baby platypus, Ice Age baby
– Top beauty queries: How to cut men’s hair at home, How to plop hair (how to wrap your hair in a t-shirt), How to color your hair at home
– Most Googled definitions: WAP (short for ”wet ass pussy”, the title of a popular hip hop song), entanglement (mix-up, complication), antebellum (the time right before the start of the American Civil War)
– How-tos: How to make hand sanitizer, How to make a face mask with fabric, How to make whipped coffee
– Most Googled movies: Parasite, 1917, Black Panther
Did any of these surprise you?